Atreus Launches SDP-Ready Provisioning System for IMS Applications
Multi-Vendor Provisioning Supporting Rapid Integration to SDP Infrastructure
OTTAWA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- May 01, 2007 -- Atreus Systems(TM), the leading supplier of provisioning and activation software for VoIP and user-centric IMS applications, today unveiled the latest release of its Atreus xAuthority provisioning solution. Built using a service-oriented architecture (SOA) framework, the new release is designed for rapid and seamless integration with Service Delivery Platforms (SDP), and helps providers combine atomic IMS services into composite offerings made up of complementary services.
"As providers move toward the adoption of SDP-based service architectures, they need to look to vendors like Atreus for proven OSS expertise that will help them get their services to market quickly with minimal integration costs," said Lynda Starr, Senior Analyst, Frost & Sullivan. "With its expanded Service Offering application, Atreus equips providers with a powerful tool for creating profitable IMS bundles that drive competitive differentiation."
Atreus' SDP-ready provisioning solution, available now and currently deployed with service providers worldwide, bolsters the core service creation and orchestration functions provided by the leading SDP offerings with critical provisioning and activation capabilities that enable the rapid operationalization of composite IMS offerings. These capabilities include:
- a service offering application for creating high-value bundles that span fixed and mobile networks;
- customer-proven, out-of-the-box workflows for provisioning IMS applications, including IP Centrex, SIP Trunking, Hosted Call Center, Mobile PBX, Unified Messaging, etc.;
- network and application adaptors for leading IMS vendors; and
- industry standard APIs that facilitate rapid integration with SDPs and critical back-office systems.
By implementing key telecom standards, such as the OSS Through Java Initiative (OSS/J), Atreus accelerates the migration from a vertically integrated service delivery model to a horizontal model in which a single SDP framework can be used for the creation, bundling, and delivery of IMS applications. The Atreus solution is both flexible and extensible and gives providers many compelling service management benefits:
- compatible with emerging SOA/SDP back-office architectures for inventory, ordering and billing processes;
- proven interoperability with leading platforms and systems;
- reusable service components;
- rapid definition and deployment of service provisioning workflows at a low cost;
- flexible, standards-based integration reducing time-to-market and cost-of-integration;
- rapid return on network investment by simplifying and speeding service deployment.
Visit Atreus at booth # 164 at TeleManagement World in Nice, France from May 21 - 24, 2007.
Doug Bellinger, CTO, Atreus Systems has been enlisted by TeleManagement Forum to address, "Implementing IMS Services Using OSS/J in a SOA / SDP Environment". Conference attendees at TeleManagement World will hear expert insight in migrating from a vertically integrated service delivery model to a horizontal model that creates, bundles, and delivers high-value SIP- and IMS-based services.
"The new converged communications paradigm requires provisioning solutions that are robust enough to handle the demands of dynamic user-driven applications, while also having the agility to get new and innovative services to market rapidly," said Doug Bellinger, CTO, Atreus Systems. "The enhancements we've made to the xAuthority platform specifically address the sophisticated service provider's need for IMS provisioning expertise that can be rapidly integrated into an SDP-driven back office."
About Atreus Systems
Atreus Systems(TM) is the leading supplier of provisioning software for VoIP and IMS-based services. As the vendor of choice for the world's most successful providers, Atreus has provided advanced activation solutions for KPN, Qwest, PCCW, Telus, Centennial, Spirit Telecom, and Bell Aliant. Atreus has formed strategic partnerships with Alcatel-Lucent, BroadSoft, Ericsson, Level 3, Oracle and Sonus, delivering carrier-class service provisioning with customer self-management. For more information, visit www.atreus-systems.com.
Contacts: Atreus Systems Corporation Tony Busa email@example.com www.atreus-systems.com